Our cottages are built and restored in accordance with the requirements of an eco-house, respecting the environment:
Located on the mountain:
- Without air pollution, light or sound.
- Without high-voltage lines or underground streams that can produce magnetic lines.
- Abundant vegetation that contributes to thermal comfort, climate and the balance of relative humidity.
- Facing south-west transmitting maximum sunshine, thermal comfort and harnessing light.
Constructive natural materials:
- Old building structure with thick walls.
- Non existence of reinforced concrete or PVC, nor iron structures.
- Stone walls coupled with high thermal insulation adobe.
- Wooden forged and ceilings with natural fibers.
- Doors and windows in natural wood.
- Thermal insulation and acoustic windows.
- Non-toxic paints and varnishes.
- Thermostatic control heating.
- Toilet tanks with double drive.
- Showers and taps with water saving system.
- Low consumption lighting lamps .
- Outdoor lighting with photo-electric sensor.
Furniture and decorative:
- Furniture of solid wood or natural fibres (reeds), with natural wax treatment.
- Textil elements of cotton and decorated with popular ceramics.
- Bed orientation to magnetic north or east, for a better rest.
- Cooling through natural forest of poplars on the outside and ceiling fans in the interiors.
- Shutters to produce half-light and thermal comfort in summer.
Special care environment:
- Special attention to preserving the environment and sustainable development (Rural Tourism Award).
- Biological treatment of sewage water and use in irrigation.
- Water control by irrigation or spraying.
- Salted water pool with chlorination by electrolysis.
- Rubbish containers for recycling.
- Production of compost with organic rubbish.
- Tips for visitors to care for and protect the environment.
- Protection plan against fires with hoses and fire extinguishers.
- Barbecues forbiden in summer.
- In project: implementation of renewables energies, biomass and solar.