La CalahorraRight in the highlands of Marquesado, Calahorra is located in the northern port side of the Ragua, single step across the Sierra Nevada.
HistoryIts name comes from the era of domination Arabic, when referred to the city as Galatians-Alora, "tower defense" or "bulwark". In 1490, the Catholic Monarchs granted dominion in the town to Cardinal Mendoza, in 1569, would be the Marquis of Zanete. The Calahorra lost the head of the party in favour of Guadix in 1834.
Eating OutThey are famous their livelihoods, based sausage, ribs and peppers, squash and sandwiches.
Festivals and traditions
In early August, the feasts of the Blessed Christ of Penalties include enclosures and bullfights.